Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Season of Miracles!

Season for Miracles!
What a journey it has been so far!  It was only a little over four weeks ago that our lives were changed dramatically with news of dad’s inoperable brain tumor.  Our family rallied together to face our biggest fight yet….brain cancer!  As we began this journey we knew we were going to need another miracle to bring us through.  Immediately the requests for prayers were sent out.  Our family and friends were so very gracious in keeping dad and our family lifted up during this stressful time.  From the very beginning, my personal prayer request was for peace.  Wrestling with the unknown and uncertainties was not an option.  I needed peace.  I wanted peace.  I prayed for peace. And I believed in it.  Only like our wonderful Jesus can do, it was given!  I wish I could find the words to adequately explain, but all I can say is that it was definitely a peace that passed understanding.  Even with doubts, fears and concerns at seemingly every turn I have held tightly to this gift of inner peace.   What a gift it has been!  And now an even greater gift has been bestowed upon our family!  The oncologist delivered wonderful news in regards to dad’s MRI results this morning.  After only one chemo treatment there is ‘dramatic tumor regression’.  Sweet, sweet words to our ears!  Answer to our prayers! Answer to our friends’ and families’ prayers.  Chemo will continue but dad will get to be at home for Christmas!  As a matter of fact he will get to be at home for TWO whole weeks before he has to go back to the hospital.   You hear that Santa?  I already got what I want for Christmas this year so you can cross me off your list!  As for anyone else who may be reading this, the only gift that I would request from you is your continued prayers.  Prayers for wisdom of the doctors.  Prayers for the caregivers.  Prayers for complete healing!  This cancer is not supposed to be curable…only treatable.  Wouldn’t it be awesome to experience another miracle?!    That is what I will be praying for...a MIRACLE!
One more reassurance received today….coincidence?  I think not!  My scripture on my daily calendar for today:     
   When a believing person prays, great things happen!  JAMES  5:16
Thank you to my heavenly father for hearing our prayers!  I BELIEVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment