Monday, December 19, 2011

JOY to the World!

One of the favorite memories I have of my grandmother's house was a plaque that hung in her kitchen for years. 
On the plaque was:
J - Jesus First
O - Others Next
Y - Yourself Last
Such a simple concept when you think about it.  What a different place this world might be if more people lived this way!   At Christmas time especially we should be filled with love and joy.  Jesus is the reason for the season, it's a time to think of others...those that may be less fortunate or experienicing difficult times, and considering ourselves after all others.  This holiday season has had it's share of less than joyful news for our family.  However we are reminded to put Jesus first and where to place our faith.  We each put others next...often each other when needed.  Happily I will put myself last to see the needs of others met.  So as my favorite day approaches I will take joy knowing that we are celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ who ultimately died for our sins so that we may have the gift of eternal life.  I will take joy in the fact that my family will celebrate another Christmas together and I will take joy in knowing that wherever that plaque ended up, it made a lasting impression on a little girl who still carries the special message in her heart. 

To my dear friends and family may Christmas be filled with much love and JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment