Sunday, January 22, 2012

Part II - Milestones, Memories, Miracles & MOM!

It is with much happiness and thankfulness that our family finds itself marking yet another milestone.  Our appointment with the oncologist on Friday, January 20th revealed that dad's blood counts had rebounded and were allowing us the opportunity to resume chemo treatment.   It probably sounds odd to want a loved one to undergo chemotherapy but in this case we know that completing the prescribed chemo treatments provides the best chance for a successful outcome.  So therefore we are very thankful to be able to continue the fight and will continue praying for --and expecting--complete healing for dad, our miracle man!

As we experince the many twists and turns of this journey I find myself very thankful to also have a miracle mom who has been a rock for her famlily through it all.  How blessed I am to have grown up with such a thoughtful, generous, loving woman who is always giving of herself.  She is the ultimate caregiver! In addition to the normal daily tasks she carefully dispenses meds, keeps track of vitals, stays on top of doctor appointments and all the information that comes with those and is at my dad's side continually at the hospital.    Years of experience raising two daughters and caring for three grandsons no doubt proved easier than the journey she now faces...but she does it with both courage and grace!



So as we continue this journey.....
  • I will remember each day is a gift to be treasured...not just in the difficult times but the good times as well. 
  • I will cherish the memories from years past and look forward to the new ones yet to be made. 
  • I will give thanks for my family and all that they bring to my life.
  • I will be in prayer for my dad and for so many others that I know that are currently fighting cancer.
  • I will be thankful to my friends who have been there to offer their support, prayers and encouragement.
  • Most of all, I will be looking forward to the day that I can announce his remission!
You are the God who performs miracles;  you display your power among the peoples.    Psalm 77:14


No comments:

Post a Comment