Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tour de Harris Hospital

Dejavu is the feeling I had when bringing dad back through the hospital doors yesterday morning. Bless his heart he only had a dew days 'reprieve' since he was discharged. The notable difference this time was his ability to walk himself through the doors--from the parking garage no less--rather traveling here via ambulance. We got to skip the whole ER nonsense this time! What we didn't get to skip was the sky high pile of paperwork it requires to get you a room in this joint. Seriously a name stamp is looking like a nifty Christmas gift idea about now! After practicing his penmanship for a while we were able to go directly to his new digs.....Harris 704. Again he amble there all on his own. No wheelchair for my Popeye pops! Based on the looks we received upon arrival I would bet most of their 'guests' have transportation to the floor. We were welcomed by a great nurse and the morning wad off to a good start. Shortly afterwards his new oncologist doctor came in to fill us in on his game plan. Yikes! Our expected 2-3 day stay has now turned into a week...not good for my dear old dad who loves to sit on his back patio throughout the day! Then the day takes another dip as he explains the treatment plans. We had already heard most of this on Friday but to hear it again was like another kick to the gut. I've said it before and it bears repeating CANCER SUCKS! And now quiet frankly the treatment sucks! This morning is surgery to put in two ports. I would give anything to trade places and go through this for my dad. It's not fair that he has to fight this battle twice! I know he is strong and I know that HE, my heavenly father, is in control and has got this...but I still feel selfish for wanting my dad to endure what is sure to be a bumpy road! I pray that God pave a smooth surface for this journey and provide plenty of rest areas along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment